Audio Stream Planned Outage

Scanners, HAM's, ATCS, Streaming Audio, Mobile Rigs, and anything else tech.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Greg46m
Site Admin

Audio Stream Planned Outage

Post by Greg46m » Fri May 18, 2007 2:40 pm

Group,

My lease at my old apartment is ending sooner than I though we found out today. So Sunday I will be silencing the audio stream and moving all the equipment to my new house. However my Verizon FIOS install isn't taking place until Thursday the 24th, so there will be no audio until this time unfortunitely. I'll try to get the equipment setup and working sometime this week that way as soon as the internet is running I'll be able to get dyndns pointed to my new location and we'll be up and going again. I really hope and expect that Thursday evening we'll be live again and maybe with the addition of ATCS by then.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

KEITH_HARRIS
Veteran

Post by KEITH_HARRIS » Fri May 18, 2007 6:34 pm

GREG, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE WORK YOU DO TO ENTERTAIN US RAILFANS. IT SURE IS NEAT TO LISTEN TO WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY OLD STOMPING GROUNDS. I CAN LISTEN AND PLAY CARDS WHILE THE OTHER HALF HOGS THE TV REMOTE. MAKES RAINY EVENINGS IN MISSISSIPPI A LOT SHORTER.
THANKS AGAIN.

KEITH

rrnut282
Veteran

Thanks

Post by rrnut282 » Sat May 19, 2007 10:52 am

Oh no. Time to get out of the cubicle this week. Seriously, Thanks Greg for making my time in prairie-ville (office cubicles) go faster.

Don't forget, you should find plenty of volunteers, if you need something.
rrnut282
(Mike)

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Sat May 19, 2007 11:47 am

Thanks guys. Mike, I knew I'd here a grown out of you when you found out. Hopefully you can find something to do out of the office this week. I got most of the computer stuff at least IN the new computer room lastnight (except the audio hardware of course), I'll continue working on it tonight after work hopefully.

Unfortunitely living on the other side of town than previously has made it so that going by NE on my way home after work is completely out of the way so I may not be frequenting the perch as often. I'll probably opt for catching the action at Runnion more often now.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

rrnut282
Veteran

Post by rrnut282 » Sat May 19, 2007 9:25 pm

Greg,
Don't loose ANY sleep on my account. I lived without the audio feed for over 40yrs, I think I can live a few more days. :lol:

Runnion? Not as much action there since I took the rails out of Main St. may I suggest Hugo? I've almost wore a groove in the parking lot at Trax Hall. You can help me make it permanent. 8)
rrnut282
(Mike)

Mark
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat May 19, 2007 11:15 pm

rrnut282 wrote:may I suggest Hugo? I've almost wore a groove in the parking lot at Trax Hall. You can help me make it permanent. 8)
Please give me a nut shell about Trax Hall.
I've never found a good place from which
to observe at Hugo.

Thanks

Mark

Michael Meisener

Post by Michael Meisener » Sun May 20, 2007 10:25 am

Mark wrote:
rrnut282 wrote:may I suggest Hugo? I've almost wore a groove in the parking lot at Trax Hall. You can help me make it permanent. 8)
Please give me a nut shell about Trax Hall.
I've never found a good place from which
to observe at Hugo.

Thanks

Mark
Trax hall is this a possible place we could hold a railfan get together if it is next to the RR tracks? Another possibility is the UAW building in Butler on Federal street. This property is right next to the NS Dearbor division south side of the tracks.

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Mon May 21, 2007 6:41 am

Mark, it's right on Nutman Ave beside the tracks. I park there most of the time when I'm down on that side of town. It offers a very good spot to catch westbounds from and there's never been an event going on when I'm there. Maybe next time we're at NE you can follow me down there.

Mike, yea we probably could do something there. Just need to look into rental fees.

It was a sad feeling yesterday taking down the antennas, radios and computer. But it'll be a much better feeling putting it all back up again this week.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

Mark
Veteran

Post by Mark » Mon May 21, 2007 9:30 pm

[quote="Greg46m"]Mark, it's right on Nutman Ave beside the tracks.

Thanks Greg.

I went there this evening.

Mark

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Tue May 22, 2007 4:09 pm

Mark wrote:
Thanks Greg.

I went there this evening.

Mark
What did you think?

I setup the ATCS scanner and antenna in my second floor computer room last night for a little trial run. I was able to pickup Runnion, MIke, Piqua, Hugo and a little from Junction. Hopefully I'll be able to mount the antenna all the way up on the top of the roof and pickup more than that to stream.

Hopefully I'll start setting up the audio equipment tomorrow on my day off.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

rooyfletcher
Veteran

Post by rooyfletcher » Wed May 23, 2007 3:27 pm

My computer keeps saying it has connection errors on the bottom of the screen. It will say monitering, then an error, then connect again etc. What should I do? Is there a setting?