MAW

Discuss anything news-worthy from the area.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

D.L.

MAW

Post by D.L. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:46 pm

Very little happening here in Woodburn. #7 was here only briefly today.

John
Regular

Post by John » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:19 pm

Any idea when the STB's final hearing on the Defiance crossing will be?

downsouth

Good Luck

Post by downsouth » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:31 am

Good Luck MAW --- you all ain't gettin accross the CSX unless you show some GW's and have a US Senator in your back pocket ($$$).

ctcrhb

MSchwiebert
Veteran

Re: Good Luck

Post by MSchwiebert » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:07 pm

Nah - they'll just ask for - and get another grant from the great state of Ohio :?

downsouth wrote:Good Luck MAW --- you all ain't gettin accross the CSX unless you show some GW's and have a US Senator in your back pocket ($$$).

ctcrhb

D.L.

Antwerp Depot restoration

Post by D.L. » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:19 pm

Some woman from Antwerp posted on the Wabash RRHS board that the Antwerp Depot will undergo restoration soon. She thinks that Antwerp is on the NS, which BTW 5th hasn't been for the last 10 years (as my friend Howard P. pointed out on another post)-of course its on the MAW.
Maybe one you guys like Victor B., Ohiotom, Cass, or Sidney from Cecil could contact her and update her info. BTW, she is looking for volunteers to help on the project-any takers???

OhioTom
Regular

Antwerp Depot

Post by OhioTom » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:39 am

"Some woman from Antwerp posted on the Wabash RRHS board that the Antwerp Depot will undergo restoration soon. She thinks that Antwerp is on the NS"

Who is this, and how do I find her?

What is the address for the "Wabash RRHS"?

OhioTom
"What's the use in walkin', if there's a freight train goin' your way?" Tampa Red, Western Bound Blues

D.L.

Antwerp Depot

Post by D.L. » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:23 pm

Her name is Sandra Kay and I think she is the president of the Antwerp historical group. WRHS is a yahoo group, look for it under groups.
BTW, has anyone heard if CSXT took down the Defiance depot Monday? Cass ole buddy, if you're out there-let us know what the latest is on its status. (Any info will be greatly appreciated.)

dti407

Re: Antwerp Depot

Post by dti407 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:01 pm

D.L. wrote: BTW, has anyone heard if CSXT took down the Defiance depot Monday? Cass ole buddy, if you're out there-let us know what the latest is on its status. (Any info will be greatly appreciated.)
It was still up Tuesday afternoon, with no sign of a demolition crew.

csx railroader

Post by csx railroader » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:38 pm

the fine city of defiance is sueing csx to get them to tear down the depot funny how after they sued them the place got torched, anyhow I was buy there today on a freight train was still there.

Mark
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:23 pm

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:48 pm

csx railroader wrote:the fine city of defiance is sueing csx to get them to tear down the depot funny how after they sued them the place got torched, anyhow I was buy there today on a freight train was still there.
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the City that wanted to keep the place and rebuild it awhile back?

Mark
Veteran

Re: Antwerp Depot

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:29 am

OhioTom wrote:"Some woman from Antwerp posted on the Wabash RRHS board that the Antwerp Depot will undergo restoration soon. She thinks that Antwerp is on the NS"

Who is this, and how do I find her?

What is the address for the "Wabash RRHS"?

OhioTom
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wabashrai ... oricalsoc/

D.L.

Fix-up grant

Post by D.L. » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:30 pm

I am hoping that NB knows what he is talking about when he states on the Indiana board that MAW will be getting 91grand to fix the Woodburn to St. Line trackage from the Indiana industrial track fund. Also good to see that WabC and INE will be getting a cut too. This upgrade is definitely needed.

Jason D

CSX Depot in Defiance, OH

Post by Jason D » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:04 pm

There's are picture in thursdays cresent news about the csx depot being torn down. Supposedly, they started the demolition on tues. morning. :(

John
Regular

Post by John » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Hey guys. Made it up to the FW area recently and found MAW#7 being worked on just east of Woodburn. Is this the only power they have on this side of the line? I drove the line from Cecil to Woodburn and even made a trip to Lafarge and didn't see any other loco's.

John