Changes

For information reguarding updates to the FWARailfan Website and forums

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Notch 8
Veteran

Changes

Post by Notch 8 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:37 am

I have started to make some changes. This is not my board this is your board. If I make changes that are not welcome or understood please comment here. I have broad shoulders and you can't hurt my feelings.. your feed back is welcome. I'm wanting to add a bunch of old photo's should I put them in the Historical Uncovering's or should photo's have their own section ?

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Re: Changes

Post by Bob Durnell » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:33 am

I would probably go with a photo section. I don't have much in the way of historical pictures, but I do have a LOT of stuff from 1996 forward if you are interested. I DO have some historical 8X10 COPIES that I purchased from a seller that had "inherited" some collections and was making copies to sell about a decade or more ago, but no longer as far as I can determine. I'm not sure what the ethics of posting those would be. I wouldn't want to tick anybody off.
The sweetest sounds in the world: A pair 567's at idle, and a non turbo 645 in run 8!

Notch 8
Veteran

Post by Notch 8 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Bob Durnell wrote:I would probably go with a photo section. I don't have much in the way of historical pictures, but I do have a LOT of stuff from 1996 forward if you are interested. I DO have some historical 8X10 COPIES that I purchased from a seller that had "inherited" some collections and was making copies to sell about a decade or more ago, but no longer as far as I can determine. I'm not sure what the ethics of posting those would be. I wouldn't want to tick anybody off.
I'm not sure what the ethics are either, but posting on a public forum and not for profit and the material is not copyrighted I do not believe there could be much of an issue. IF I do know who the photographer is always like to give credit. I'll bring you a scanner if you need one !

Mike

Steve Bryan
Veteran

Post by Steve Bryan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:58 pm

I access this site almost exclusively on my cell phone. What I don't like about the change is on the main index page, it no longer shows when each category was updated.

Howard
Veteran

Post by Howard » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:53 pm

I don't think I can handle it! 10 new posts in one day is unheard of. :-)

Thanks for your work, Mike.

Thank you Howard !

Notch 8
Veteran

Post by Notch 8 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Steve Bryan wrote:I access this site almost exclusively on my cell phone. What I don't like about the change is on the main index page, it no longer shows when each category was updated.
I haven't attempted to do anything with the main index page, however if you'll notice there is a quick links tab of the top upper section of this page and you should be able to click that tab and see unread or new post. Hope this helps ! Mike

Notch 8
Veteran

Post by Notch 8 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:58 am

If you haven't noticed the site has gone down twice in the last week (last Sunday & Wednesday) and believe the current server is failing. I will be purchasing a new server and Greg Lavoie will migrate everything over to the new server. We're going to a solid state server and this should last for years...

For you Tech Savy people:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... leOptOut=1

Any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me.

Mike