Discussion board back open to new members

For information reguarding updates to the FWARailfan Website and forums

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Greg46m
Site Admin

Discussion board back open to new members

Post by Greg46m » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:21 pm

Everyone,

A few weeks ago I tried installing a patch to the discussion board that would help keep spammers out since they had recently found a way in here. When I did so I messed something up and it ended up that nobody could register a new account, even legit people. Tonight I finally got around to fixing that and got the board software back up to date while I was at it. If anyone out there was unable to register for the last couple months, please give it a try again now. If you get the message "invalid confirmation code", just try it another time. Sometimes those images are hard to read and it even took me a couple tries when I tested it out earlier.

Also, if anyone is having any trouble accessing anything on here or problems posting, please let me know and I can look into it. With a fresh version of the board software I think that everything should work pretty well now.

-Greg
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

Chris7092
Veteran

Re: Discussion board back open to new members

Post by Chris7092 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Good job Greg. I'll take back all the jokes I've made about how lazy you've become since moving to Ohio :lol:

Chris

wayne b
Veteran

Post by wayne b » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 pm

I will second that. I have gotten to see some of the things he does behind the scene that make this a good enough site that even an appliance driver can join in and enjoy the hobby. Quite a combination of skill and expertise that keeps it not only running smoothly but quite interesting. It is all the work and giving behind the scene where nobody even knows he is there working away that impresses me. Thanks Greg.

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:00 pm

Chris7092 wrote:Good job Greg. I'll take back all the jokes I've made about how lazy you've become since moving to Ohio :lol:

Chris
Ahh man, now I have to take back the Hoosier jokes, dangit :)

Thanks guys for the nice comments. Maybe one of these days I'll do some changes to the website itself...don't hold your breath too long though.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

KEITH_HARRIS
Veteran

Post by KEITH_HARRIS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:47 am

AND HE CAN GRILL A RIBEYE THAT WILL MAKE YOU LICK YOUR EYEBROWS, TOO. WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO FAX ME ONE NOW.

KEITH