CF&E FWRD

New train symbols, routings, reroutes and such.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Greg46m
Site Admin

CF&E FWRD

Post by Greg46m » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:11 pm

Heard this train tonight while at NE. I heard him coming into Ft Wayne and went over to Piqua to take a look at it. It had a lots of steel I-beams, some gonds and boxcars at the end. Any idea where this train goes to? It must be a local turn as it starts in Ft Wayne and I saw it coming back into town. I was thinking maybe out to SDI but after seeing the boxcars on the end I concluded that probably wasn't true.
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster

JW
Veteran

Post by JW » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:55 pm

I have seen the same thing in Lima.I think it gets handed off to CSX there.Where is Joe he Knows?

JW

Chaser
Veteran

Post by Chaser » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:59 pm

I was thinking the same thing, ask Joe, speaking of whom where has he been as of late. Havent heard much out of him..

Chad

Wayne Gest
Veteran

Post by Wayne Gest » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:10 am

Chaser wrote:I was thinking the same thing, ask Joe, speaking of whom where has he been as of late. Havent heard much out of him..

Chad
I think managing the CF&E as the local trainmaster keeps Joe very busy.

Joe Millspaugh
Veteran

Post by Joe Millspaugh » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:52 am

Wayne....you are so right..lol...I have my hands full..but to answer the first question that Greg had...it was the FWRD..Ft.Wayne Road switcher coming home from working Arcola...serviced SDI-thus the steel beams and empty gons..the boxcars are from Essex metals and any grain hoppers you might see on him would have been pulled from Arcola farmers...as you can tell I don't change or learn new tricks very well..all of the jobs that I have assigned in Ft.Wayne..6 total full turns daily..are all asssigned in the same fashion that was Conrails standard...FWRD/FWDC-Ft.Wayne Decatur...FWCH..Ft.Wayne Chicago..just something to have for a little info...business is a little slower right now due to lower car counts during the January slump...normal for each year and should begin to pick up from now to around the middle of March..sorry I missed the get together but duty called and I was on the road doing engineer check rides...trainmaster/road foreman rolled into one...the shortline style is alive and well...lol

JW
Veteran

Post by JW » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi Joe I am still trying to get over to Piqua to see you. Have you heard anything more on change of ownership that you can share?

JW

Greg46m
Site Admin

Post by Greg46m » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:17 pm

Trust me Joe, everybody likes the Conrail style symbols :)

Are you still running the coal drags back and forth?
Greg Lavoie - Webmaster