66N and Bluffton ethanol plant

New train symbols, routings, reroutes and such.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

joe22a994
Veteran

66N and Bluffton ethanol plant

Post by joe22a994 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:23 pm

I heard 66N going to the ethanol plant in bluffton. I saw no reference on any symbol listing of it going to the ethanol plant. I think someone needs to update the site. :!: I concluded that they were loaded tanks since it was WB(NB). Where does it originate? I heard it telling the dispatcher it was going to the ethanol plant and the engineer has never been to the ethanol plant. I didn't know Bluffton's Ethanol Plant had their own ethanol train set(loads an empties going somewhere.)

Big Ed
Veteran

Re: 66N and Bluffton ethanol plant

Post by Big Ed » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Much of Bluffton's ethanol goes to Sewaren, NJ. Unit ethanol trains are similar to grains in the fact that they can be symbolled with whatever's available at the time the train's routing is planned and then ordered.

If this 66N was going to the ethanol plant it would be empties being delivered, or possible engines light out of Ft Wayne to pick up loads.

rrnut282
Veteran

Re: 66N and Bluffton ethanol plant

Post by rrnut282 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:32 pm

joe22a994 wrote:...I think someone needs to update the site. ..)
That would be a full-time job. NS is more willing these days (it seems) to re-route, annull or start new routes on a regular basis. Anything above 400 is a unit train and as Ed said, they have no set schedule, route, origin or destination.

But you are right, the schedule page is just a little out of date
rrnut282
(Mike)