Iowa Intersate Business Train Coming

New train symbols, routings, reroutes and such.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

rockmodeler1

Iowa Intersate Business Train Coming

Post by rockmodeler1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:57 am

Hello,
New to the group. Have fanned the line many times over the years between Fort Wayne and Crestline starting back in Conrail times. I belong to the Iowa Interstate Yahoo Group and they posted this morning that a special IAIS business train is going to be coming from Chicago to be handed off at Lima to the Wheeling and Lake Erie to take to Pittsburgh (home offices for the IAIS). The train left this am from Iowa City and is supposed to handed off to the CF&E from the IHB sometime tonight or early tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this from CF&E people or fans in the know. Thanks.
JOHN

chowetrains
Veteran

Re: Iowa Intersate Business Train Coming

Post by chowetrains » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Welcome to the board John, glad to see another fan of the old Pennsy main on here :) As to the IAIS train, I've heard that there is a CFE crew called for tomorrow at 0600AM to take the train from Chicago on east toward Ft. Wayne. When it gets to LIma, it will make a small detour to IORY's Ford Park yard, the official WLE interchange point. From there I'm not sure how it will go on the WLE to Pittsburgh :?:
Chris Howe
CRHS Indiana
trainshow coordinator

rockmodeler1

Post by rockmodeler1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 am

Hello again, Thanks for the welcome. I live and Ohio and work for a certain eastern class one railroad that is not the dark side, say no more, so getting any photos always depends on my wonderful schedule or lack of one. The latest update I have is that the train is still on the IHB at Dalton waiting to head east as of 10am our time. CF&E may have to re-crew it if they have much more of a delay. Have you heard any sort of time for the departure on the WLE? Thanks
JOHN

Mark
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Reports on Trainorders predict Lima tomorrow
afternoon.Speculation about CSX not easily letting
the train onto it's railroad(CF&E).

Mark

rockmodeler1

Post by rockmodeler1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 am

Actually, it was the small section of the Porter Branch from Gibson to Tolleston that was in question for CSX since they own that part outright. I don't think they really have too much of a say on the CF&E since the CF&E has run the NKP 765 before and I know that would never be allowed on CSX period. Hopefully today will be better and it will make it to North central Ohio before dark or I get called out again. JOHN

hobo 150
Veteran
Location: MP 287.5 on the old PRR Line, now the CF&E in Van Wert Ohio

Post by hobo 150 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 pm

All spiffed up and shining under the streetlights, the Iowa Interstate Business Train was through Van Wert, eastbound today, July 1, 2010 @ 0025 hrs.
Heads up further east of here.
hobo150
Chuck in Van Wert

JW
Veteran

Post by JW » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 am

Get any pictures Chuck? What was the make up of the train?

JW

chowetrains
Veteran

Post by chowetrains » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks to the video link posted elsewhere on this board, it was IAIS GP38-2 709 and two IAIS painted passenger cars.
Chris Howe
CRHS Indiana
trainshow coordinator

rockmodeler1

Post by rockmodeler1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Hello all,

Latest update for a return west is a July 12 departure from the Pittsburgh area via reverse route. If I hear anything more I will post it.

JOHN

hobo 150
Veteran
Location: MP 287.5 on the old PRR Line, now the CF&E in Van Wert Ohio

Post by hobo 150 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Has anyone heard any times for the westbound Iowa Interstate Business Train heading back home?
If anyone hears anything for the Lima, Van Wert, Fort Wayne areas please pass it on.
Thanks
hobo 150
Van Wert

chowetrains
Veteran

Post by chowetrains » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:55 pm

According to trainorders, train left Brewster, OH at 8:25PM, ETA at Lima, OH projected for 3am or 4am depending on if CSX doesn't stab them too bad at New London, OH(train travels CSX trackage rights New London to Greenwich, OH before regaining WLE rails).
Chris Howe
CRHS Indiana
trainshow coordinator

bnsf8000
Veteran

Post by bnsf8000 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:07 am

Iowa Interstate Business train through Van Wert, Ohio at 6:50 AM westbound. Heads up Fort Wayne and beyond west. PW

bnsf8000
Veteran

Post by bnsf8000 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:20 pm

The IAIS train actually sat behind Eaton Corp. in Van Wert for around 4 hours after I saw it in town. Chuck [Hobo 150] stopped after he saw it leave town and told me about it. After they got going they radioed calling out FWBC by what we heard on Chuck's scanner. What does it stand for? Is it Fort Wayne to Belt Railway Chicago or something else? Too bad Chuck didn't have his camera. PW