Comment and question

Here's the place to just kick back and discuss pretty much anything under the sun.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Comment and question

Post by Bob Durnell » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:21 pm

First off, sorry I didn't post a new picture this week, I am getting an error message when I try to post it. I sent a message, so hopefully we get that fixed soon.

Second, what happened to the railroad history events held annually at Baker Street Station? I always really enjoyed those, and they seemed to be fairly well attended.
The sweetest sounds in the world: A pair 567's at idle, and a non turbo 645 in run 8!

Steve Bryan
Veteran

Re: Comment and question

Post by Steve Bryan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:01 pm

We stopped having those several years ago for three main reasons. First the attendance kept dropping. The first year was the highest and they dwindled more and more each year. Second, the work required to put the event on was the same whether we had a good turnout or not. It finally came to whether or not it was worth the effort. Third, most of the work was shouldered by just a few people and frankly, they were tired of carrying the burden.

Steve Bryan

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 pm

Well, that's kind of what I figured. We always went on Sunday, and I actually thought the crowds looked fairly good to me, but I wasn't sitting there counting heads. I wonder if an every other year thing would have worked better? What I hate is that I have a couple of friends with young boys who are train crazy, and they are just now getting old enough that they would really enjoy it. I also understand about most of the work being done by the few, because that is the way it is with almost EVERY group, and it's part of the reason I am so hesitant to even join groups. I don't have a lot of spare time as it is, and if you show any ability or willingness to actually work, then you get called on constantly because 80% of the people do 0% of the work.
The sweetest sounds in the world: A pair 567's at idle, and a non turbo 645 in run 8!

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:48 pm

I still cannot post any attachments. It tries to load the picture and then it gives me a little warning triangle. When I click on the triangle, it says this: Error
Cannot add another attachment, 0 is the maximum.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hotbox
Veteran

Post by Hotbox » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:20 pm

Hotbox
Veteran

Post by Hotbox » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:22 pm

Bob Durnell wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:48 pm
I still cannot post any attachments. It tries to load the picture and then it gives me a little warning triangle. When I click on the triangle, it says this: Error

Anyone have any ideas?
Try using a remote image hosting service such as imgur, like I did in the immediately preceding post. I've never liked this sites image hosting capability.

Notch 8
Veteran

Post by Notch 8 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:56 pm

TEST

I tried to do a 4.3 meg picture and it did not upload, Then I tried a 418 kg and it worked.. I have had some issues in the last week as well, I will do an update and see if this clears up. I just got a 9.9 meg file to upload.. and a 15.7 just uploaded..

you can email at emdsd9fav1@y#hoo.com

Mike

Notch 8
Veteran

Post by Notch 8 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:44 am

Hotbox wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:22 pm
Bob Durnell wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:48 pm

Anyone have any ideas?
Can someone else other that Bob try doing a post with a picture to see if it will work ? I did respond to the ND&W post and was able to add a number of photo's without issue. Bob can you try posting a different picture ?

Mike

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 am

I just tried posting a different picture at 287KB, and got the same results.

RDJ
Veteran

Post by RDJ » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Bob;
The Tri-State Station train club located in the outlet mall in Fremont might be a good suggestion for your friend
with the two sons.
Its free and open Saturdays 10-6, till the end of March Sundays noon to 4.

RD

Hotbox
Veteran

Post by Hotbox » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:37 pm

Notch 8 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:44 am

Can someone else other that Bob try doing a post with a picture to see if it will work ? I did respond to the ND&W post and was able to add a number of photo's without issue. Bob can you try posting a different picture ?

Mike
93.9 kb....... trying to attach locally, tells me that "0 is the maximum"....I'm guessing that it is telling me that the maximum number of attachments allowed is zero
here is the pic hosted elsewhere:

Notch 8
Veteran

Post by Notch 8 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:10 am

I just changed that setting from Zero to Ten.. see if that works.. I do not claim to be an IT person but i'm trying..

Please try again i changed this at 6:10 am 3/1/19

Good Luck, Mike

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:12 am

Seems to work OK now. Thank you for what you do to keep this place going. I think we all understand this is not Trainorders where they have an IT staff. :)

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:13 am

RDJ wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:33 pm
Bob;
The Tri-State Station train club located in the outlet mall in Fremont might be a good suggestion for your friend
with the two sons.
Its free and open Saturdays 10-6, till the end of March Sundays noon to 4.

RD
Thanks for mentioning that place, I tend to forget its there.

Bob Durnell
Veteran

Post by Bob Durnell » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:14 am

Hotbox wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:37 pm
Notch 8 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:44 am

Mike
93.9 kb....... trying to attach locally, tells me that "0 is the maximum"....I'm guessing that it is telling me that the maximum number of attachments allowed is zero
here is the pic hosted elsewhere:

Do you have the story on the burning caboose? I have a burning caboose story of my own from Chicago.