Can anybody explain the city of Fort Wayne's lack of interest in Headwater's Junction?

Here's the place to just kick back and discuss pretty much anything under the sun.

Moderators: Moderator, Administrator

Hotbox
Veteran

Re: Can anybody explain the city of Fort Wayne's lack of interest in Headwater's Junction?

Post by Hotbox » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:16 am

Steve Bryan wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:26 am
you are no better off now than what you were before the project was announced.
It would be funny if all the City's stubbornness at North River was due to reluctance for re-installation of grade crossings at Sherman, Wells, Harrison, and 4th Streets.

Well, I guess they acquired control of that aspect, quite handily.
Last edited by Hotbox on Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotbox
Veteran

Re: Can anybody explain the city of Fort Wayne's lack of interest in Headwater's Junction?

Post by Hotbox » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Now that Aunt Millies is no longer baking bread downtown, I wonder if you guys could get the use of their old siding as a tour embarkation point? With the Landing set to redevelopment, that might be a hot ticket? Location, Location, Location!! :twisted:

nathansixchime
Veteran

Post by nathansixchime » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:13 am

Hotbox wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:34 pm
Now that Aunt Millies is no longer baking bread downtown, I wonder if you guys could get the use of their old siding as a tour embarkation point? With the Landing set to redevelopment, that might be a hot ticket? Location, Location, Location!! :twisted:
They're not interested in selling those parcels 8) They're generating income leasing property to adjoining owners and the city.
Hotbox wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:16 am

It would be funny if all the City's stubbornness at North River was due to reluctance for re-installation of grade crossings at Sherman, Wells, Harrison, and 4th Streets.

Well, I guess they acquired control of that aspect, quite handily.
Very few, if any, conversations revolved around grade crossings or concerns therein. Some staff actually floated the idea of street running/streetcar tracks on St. Marys or Burgress to connect to the Zoo.
Kelly Lynch
Vice President
Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society
http://www.fortwaynerailroad.org